Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekend Update

1. I had the honor of preaching at People's Church yesterday. The experiences went great and people committed their lives to Christ in all 4 experiences. Thank you Jesus! The message was titled Don't Wait Til Tomorrow. If you missed it or would like to listen to it check it out at www.peopleschurch.tv and don't wait til tomorrow, ha.

2. My Colts lost, I was bummed for about 30 minutes then I got over it, went to the gym and went over my message some. In the past this would have bothered me for days and I really would've been annoyed by people razzin me but I've learned that there is way more to life then the Indianapolis Colts. Again thank you Jesus!

3. Jamie had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out this past Friday. I feel horrible for my wife and she has been a trooper. She has handled getting 4 taken out much better then I did getting 2 taken out. I hope I've done a good job taking care or her and Jace. With her being out of commission it makes me appreciate even more all that she does. She's an amazing woman and I love her to death.

4. Now that the Colts lost I have no clue who to cheer for. I might just wait til the Super Bowl and pick a team then. Currently I think I'm leaning towards the Eagles but it's a definite toss up.

5. I'm hoping OSU can pull off a big win against Texas tomorrow for a few reasons. 1 - I like OSU, 2 - I don't like Texas, 3 - the Big Ten looks horrible and will be the arm pit of the conferences if they lose tomorrow.

6. My grandma goes in for her scan tomorrow to see if her cancer has shrunk and if they can remove it. I'm praying and believing for a good report.

7. This Wednesday we are starting a new series called Epic 2009 where we will talk about Epic's focus this year. I'm super excited to share the vision with the students and believe this year will be the best ever!

8. For the rest of this week I'm going to blog about highlights in my life from 2008. I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Sean Silverii said...

i just want to say that i am so happy for you and for me. 1. the Chargers won! 2. you are not losing any sleep over it. oh how we have grown :)

love you man. i will be praying for your grandma.

sean

Anonymous said...

Miss you bro, sorry I missed your call the other day. We thought about you and Jamie a bunch while we were in indy.
And I liked your sermon. It encouraged me to clean the bathrooms, since I've been putting it off forever.