Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Highlights from 2008 Pt. 1

An Unexpected Destination

Proverbs 3:5-6 says Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 16: 9 says In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

These verses define our arrival to an unexpected destination in 2008. In the midst of knowing that God was transitioning us to a knew place of ministry; the one thing Jamie and I didn't know was were. And to be honest Oklahoma City was never on our radar until I had my first conversation with my senior pastor, Herbert Cooper. Days before Pastor Herbert called me we felt like we were an airplane in a holding pattern waiting for a place to land. We knew we would land somewhere we just had no clue where or when. Upon arriving to OKC to interview with People's Church we noticed it was windy, they have red dirt and everyone was very friendly. Going to People's Church we had no idea what to expect but when we entered the church and sat in the experience where Pastor shared his "I have a dream" message we knew this is the exact kind of church we wanted to be apart of. Thankfully this is where God landed us, His timing was perfect and He has answered many dreams we've had just by putting us here. I will blog about those later in the week. It was an unexpected destination, but a perfect destination. The Lord has determined our steps and made our paths straight as we put our trust in Him. Joining People's Church was one of our biggest highlights in 2008.

Maybe you are looking for answers or a place to land; I hope the scriptures above encourage and help you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris...I am not big on reading blogs but after sending you that facebook message something told me to look at your profile and then I saw you were a youth minister, and then I remembered. Any who...I then went to your blog. So then I saw this one that you posted and the verse "Trust in the Lord with all your heart etc..." and let me tell you during church today that verse came to my mind and then my dad and I looked it up. But that just goes to show me that God is really trying to tell me something. I need to let go, let God, and trust in him! Thanks for a great blog Chris! Kristin Peoples