Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Update

1. Saturday we got free tickets to go watch the UCO Girls Basketball team. It was a great game and UCO won! Jamie, Jace and I had a great time, except for the $2.50 bag of M&M's I bought, that is ridiculous!!! I guess I'm more ridiculous for buying them but they made my wife happy so it's all good.

2. Walking into the basketball stadium we got Jace to say "basketball". I'm so glad he's not sick anymore.

3. We also went to the Penn Square Mall on Saturday and that place was packed. It was like black Friday, it made no sense. I think it took us 10 minutes to find a parking spot. Note to self never go to the Mall on a Saturday!

4. I started listening to some podcasts again this weekend. I'm not sure why I stopped but I enjoyed them and will continue to listen to them. This weekend I listened to two of Perry Noble's messages and all I have to say is that guy cracks me up.

5. Jamie led worship for all four experiences and did an amazing job. Matter of fact the whole worship band tore it up. They did "Because of who you are" which is one of my favorite worship songs.

6. Sunday night we went to the Edmond Epic House Party and had a blast with our students and our leader Krista Rice. The House Party was at the Thun's home who are a huge blessing for letting us use their house. In their backyard they have a huge swing which was scary to ride on but once you did it, it was a blast. Almost everyone did it except for two students, who promise to do it next time. You better do it Courtney and Sadie and big props to Kiara who totally overcame her fear of heights and rode the swing. You are awesome! I have to admit that the first time I did it I definitely called out to Jesus, haha!

7. Last but certaintly not least, Sunday we had a great day at People's Church. Pastor Herbert preached an awesome message called "Looking Ahead", go listen to it right now at www.peopleschurch.tv. I promise it will challenge you.

No comments: