Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dreams Do Come True

Throughout life I have had dreams come true and some I'm still believing to come true. Some of my dreams that have come true are seeing the Colts win a Super Bowl and becoming a dad. Some dreams that still haven't come true are going to a baseball game at Yankee Stadium or seeing my whole family living for Christ. It's always special to cross a dream off your list and last year I got to cross another one off mine. It has always been a dream of mine to be apart of a diverse church. Being from a military background I have always grown up with diverse friends and cultures so when I knew God was calling me into full time ministry; it instantly became a dream of mine to be apart of a diverse church. I've seen a lot of segregation in churches and that has always bothered me so it was a breath of fresh air to walk through the doors of People's Church. To be honest I have never been apart or seen a church with our diversity. We are diverse culturally, by age, social status and church background. We are literally People's church, a place where any person can come and feel welcome. I love the diversity of our church and my dream came true when I joined the staff at People's Church. Thanks God for making my dream come true! I hope that all of you always keep dreaming and never stop believing for your dreams to come true.

No comments: