Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Icy OKC

I'm used to snow storms and now I've experienced my first ice storm. I have to say I am very thankful that both of our cars have front wheel drive because yesterday I saw tons of people slide off the road or couldn't get up a small hill because they have rear wheel drive. Yesterday I didn't slide much just drove very slow, the most sliding I did was in my neighborhood and I knew my biggest challenge would be getting up my drive way which was coated in ice. So pulling in I had some momentum and made it up my first time, I'm not gonna lie I shouted, yelled and had this awesome feeling of "yeah baby I dominated my driveway!" It was a small victory but a victory none the less as I know a few people who took numerous tries to get up their driveway. Note to self, buy some salt to leave in the garage for future ice days. Today I'm locked in the house working and may go out to workout later but only because my gym is 1 minute from my house. I'm praying all the ice will be gone by Wednesday for our youth experience. Hype, a hip hop dance crew, is coming to do a concert and it's gonna be an awesome night.

No comments: