Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Very Different But Satisfying Night

Last night I had a date night with Jamie. We found a sitter for Jace and then went to Chili's and did some Christmas shopping for Jace. It was a very nice night and now to the part that was very different. When our date started I decided to turn off my phone and keep it off for the entire date which was about 3 hours. This is a big deal because I have the iPhone which allows me to check email, the internet, facebook and twitter which can easily consume my time. Believe it or not I did not go crazy or die :). I didn't even miss it. After realizing how nice it was to have my phone shut off I decided to not watch tv when we got home. Typically I will get home and find some sort of sports to watch, instead I spent a few minutes on the internet (I wasn't completely unplugged), read a book and then went to sleep. To my suprise I'm pretty sure I fell asleep before midnight! This never happens but I woke up today feeling refreshed and satisfied with the previous night. I will have to do this more often. For those that are in the iPhone, blackberry, internet, tv world like me I encourage you to try to have a night like this and I pray it will be as refreshing for you as it was for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's great isn't it! I love going to sleep at 10:30 now. Life is good.