Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Body Hurts Pt. 2

Yesterday I went to a Youth for Christ Christmas party, which was at a bowling alley. Jamie and Jace came with me and we had a great time hanging with our friends Vernon and Amy Deas and the YFC interns. While others were bowling I was following Jace around as he walked all over the bowling alley. He's a little explorer and every once in a while he'll pick up some speed and put some distance between me and him. Well he did this and starting going down one of the lanes so I started running after him without realizing they just waxed the lane. So here I am running to grab my son and the next thing I know I'm flying in the air just like when someone in the movies runs over some marbles. Jace also slipped and fell. Instantly I picked him up to make sure he's ok and then tried to figure out what hurt more: my body or my pride knowing people saw me wipe out. I think it was both, when I turned around only 4 people had seen me fall, my wife and a friend and two guys eating. The two guys eating were cracking up and trying to hide it. I'm not gonna lie I wanted to punch them in the face and see if they thought that was funny, ha. Of course I did not punch them and instead just laughed at myself with them. Needless to say my body hurts!

1 comment:

Paul Hinzman said...

Sorry bro! Pay the price now and reap the dividends later!