Friday, December 12, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. Wednesday night we had a great youth experience. 7 students made commitments to Christ and 4 signed up to get baptized. We have about 20 students signed up for our next baptismal bash and I'm pumped to see these students take another step in the right direction in their relationship with God.

2. Wednesday night I also went completely out of my comfort zone with a few illustrations. I mainly use stories for illustrations but this Wednesday I dressed up, busted out the cabbage patch, running man, carlton off fresh prince and almost broke myself. I also had a costume change in the middle of service. I was nervous but I feel everything went very well. By the way it's hard dancing in flip flops, I don't recommend it.

3. Today at Mpact we had between 280-300 students attend our club. It was awesome! God has opened a huge door to win many students at John Marshall to Christ and I'm excited to be apart of it.

4. Tomorrow we are going tubing at the Bricktown Ballpark with Ignite our College and Twentysomething's ministry. We are meeting at the Sonic at Bricktown at 3:30 pm and then going to the park at 4 pm for 1 1/2 hours of tubing. Tubing costs $10 and I hope to see many college and twentysomethings from People's Church there. From what I understand they fill the ball park with tons of snow to make a huge ramp to slide down. It's gonna be sweet.

5. Epic is doing its first ever New Year's Eve Bash and it's going to be off the hook. We are having a concert by Exodus, Dre Murray, Secret Service and the Uprise Click. It's on December 31st from 8:30 pm - 12:30 am and it's gonna be a lot of fun. Students make sure you bring lots of friends to take in the New Year at Epic.

6. I'm looking for two big fantasy playoff wins this weekend. In one of my leagues 8 teams made the playoffs and in the first week of the playoffs the 1-4 teams lost, including me I was the 3rd seed. Craziness!

7. Tonight is our volunteer banquet and I look forward to sharing my appreciation for all my volunteers. They are amazing and there is no way this ministry would be successful without them.

1 comment:

Paul Hinzman said...

You sure do have a lot of random thoughts!