Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dallas Recap

As much as I would like to blog about the Cowboys demise I will pass because I know how I've felt when the Colts have blown it and I feel bad for my friends. Plus I sent a lot of tweets on Sunday expressing my thoughts so this Dallas update is not about the Cowboys, it's about Jamie and I's little getaway to Dallas.

This was Jamie and I's first trip to Dallas and we had a blast. Here are a few highlights:

1. We stayed at the Hilton near the Galleria with a great deal on Priceline. It was actually the first time I have ever used Priceline. It worked out great.

2. The highlights for us were good friends, good food and the Galleria.

3. Good friends - We met up with friends Jason and Tina McCollum whom we were on the same youth leadership team in Springfield, MO. We haven't seen them in 4 years and it was great to connect with them and we look forward to seeing them again in the future. It's pretty awesome to have friends that you haven't talked to or seen in 4 years and when you connect hit it off like you saw them last week. Jason and Tina were amazing youth leaders and I pray God's best for them.

4. Good food - We went with our friends to Pappadeaux for dinner where I had the best fried chicken tenders and fried shrimp ever. It was great and a place we will definitely eat at again.

5. The Galleria - This by far the biggest and nicest mall I have ever been to in my life. Every store looked sharp including the Taco Bell. It also had an indoor ice skating rink and the biggest Christmas tree I have ever seen in my life. The mall is 4 stories tall and the tree went from the bottom floor to the top of the mall. We also found some great sales which always helps. Jamie was in heaven.

6. We also went to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday and had an all around relaxing weekend together. We really enjoyed Dallas and will definitely do some more getaways there.

No comments: