Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Decorating

I'm not a scrooge but I've never been into decorating for the holidays. I've read many friends blogs, tweets and facebook status where they are ecstatic about decorating their house or tree for Christmas, especially those that get a real tree. It almost sounds adventurous as they describe their search and their find. As for me this does not excite me in any way, shape or form. Even as a kid, decorating the tree was a chore not something I looked forward too. It was annoying not enjoyable. Maybe it's my lack of artistic ability or creativity. Lord knows I struggle to even match my clothes, without Jamie I would be a mess. If she had a penny for every time I've asked her "does this match?", she would be a millionaire. Matter of fact I once did a sermon on decorating a tree with a friend and the parts I decorated looked horrible, after service more people made fun of my tree decorating then compliments on the message, lol. Maybe when Jace gets older I will get into it because he does, but currenlty I'm not interested in decorating a tree or a house. To those that are, more power to you and I will enjoy driving past your home and saying wow that look at that house. Now my wife that's a different story and a blog for another day.

No comments: