Monday, August 4, 2008

Stuck in Arkansas

I'm currently hanging out in the lobby of a Midas Auto Repair shot. This morning my battery light started to pop on and off and after we got gas to head back to OKC my car would not start. We got a quick jump and praise Jesus there was this Midas 50 feet away from the gas station. We pulled into the Midas and my car died again. The alternator is being replaced because it was only putting out 2 amps when it is supposed to put out 14. So we are loosing some time and this repair is going to put a little dent in my wallet, it's safe to say I have hit a bump in the road. Life is filled with many bumps in the road and today I hit a little bump, but I'm not going to let it ruin my day or steal my joy. At this moment I can smile and chuckle at this bump because there is nothing I can do to change it. The only thing I can control right now is how I react to this bump and it's feels much better to do it with a smile. I think too often in life we allow bumps to steal our joy and ruin our day so I encourage you to guard your joy, don't let the bumps ruin your day, roll with the punches, do it with a smile and laugh at it. Because whether I laugh or get ticked off the fact still remains that I need to replace alternator so I can get back to OKC.

1 comment:

Mike McGarvey said...

I feel that, sorry to hear about your bump man.