Monday, August 18, 2008

15 pounds

As of this morning I have lost 15 pounds, this has never happened in my life and I give all the glory to God. Never in my life have I been this disciplined with my eating and that's because I have always tried to do it on my own and failed. On my own I would always cheat, justify eating something bad and give into the temptation of eating something bad. In the past I would lose five pounds and think ok I've done pretty good so I deserve to cheat and I would cheat and cheat and cheat until I gained those five pounds back and then try to lose 5 pounds again. I would continue this cycle and get no where, except for high cholesterol and feeling defeated. But now I feel convicted every time I want to cheat and have maintained my new eating habits. Matter of fact, yesterday I had some killer cravings and got a Dr. Pepper (I love Dr. Pepper), nobody would have known because it was just me and Dr. Pepper in my car. I took two sips and instantly felt convicted so I put the cap back on the Dr. Pepper and threw it away as soon as I got home. Take that Dr. Pepper and thank you Jesus and Holy Spirit for your conviction. This time I feel God's spirit helping me and giving me the strength and control over my eating. It's a pretty amazing feeling and it's all because of the Lord. And I have full confidence that God will complete this good work that he has started in me and it's going to bless me and my family. Again, thank you Jesus.

No comments: