Monday, August 11, 2008

Diet vs Changing Eating Habits

First off I would like to report that I have lost 10 pounds, whoohoo!! I have 25 more to go. With that a lot of people have asked me how my diet is going and I've come to the conclusion that my diet is going no where because I'm not on a diet. I'm changing my eating habits which is changing my lifestyle. To me a diet is short term and the changes I'm making are long term. Once I reach my weight loss goal I want to continue to eat healthy because high cholesterol and heart disease doesn't always deal with weight. I also want to work out to be in shape not because I need to make up for the junk I have eaten. Not only that but changing my eating habits has caused me to feel better physically and mentally. It's a great feeling! If I was on a diet, I would only have self control for a certain amount of time but I want to have self control with my eating for the rest of my life so I am changing my eating habits. Proverbs 23:2 (put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony) has opened my eyes and if you struggle with it too I challenge you to change your eating habits instead of going on a diet. Eat to live rather than living to eat. YOU CAN DO IT!!! For those that have been encouraging and praying for me, Thanks!!!

No comments: