Thursday, May 1, 2008

What I've Learned in Youth Ministry Pt. 3

Yesterday I wrote about having the right team and I'm definitely have the right team at Epic and last night they hit a grand slam. We had our first outreach together and the night was a complete success. We had 311 people attend with 257 students and 29 salvations. I thank God for an amazing night and thank my team for helping the night go smoothly. We tripled our attendance in one night which could cause a lot of chaos but because of my team everything ran smoothly. Thanks team for bringing your A game and running an awesome night for our students.

Currently at Epic we have 6 teams, here they are with a brief description:
1. Connection Team - these leaders are committed to coming every week and connecting with our students. They build relationships, do follow up, pray with students, lead discussion groups and get in the world's of our students.
2. Hospitality Team - these leaders greet, run registration, the cafe and help with set up and tear down.
3. Security Team - these leaders keep our Wednesday nights safe and in order.
4. Media Team - these leaders run sound, lights, powerpoint, etc.
5. A Team - these leaders are 18 and 19 and help mentor our middle school students and help with any areas we need assistance in.
6. Worship Team - self explanatory.
In the future we will also have small group leaders.

Notice above I said "currently" because as we grow we may add or cut teams but for right now this is how we are organized and it works for us. I also have a service coordinator who makes sure everything runs smoothly in the service, that people are in their spots, details are taken care of and she takes care of all the odds and ends I would be worrying about if she wasn't there. Debreon you are a major blessing, thanks for your hard work.

Tomorrow I will share some random thoughts and next week I will continue to talk about building a team.

No comments: