Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Update

1.  Jamie and I had a great time with our old friend Keke this weekend.  She is still as crazy as ever and brings out the craziness in my wife.  Needless to say there was a lot of goofiness and laughing in our house.

2.  I'm glad the Celtics won yesterday because I think I may throw up if I hear Lebron James refer to the Cavaliers as "Lebron James Team" one more time, what a loser!!!  He's a rich loser but still a loser.  Did Michael Jordan or Larry Bird ever refer to themselves in third person?  No they let their greatness speak for itself.

3.  This week in Oklahoma City we are hitting the 90's with tomorrow being a high of 97.  This should give me a little taste of the summer and what humidity is like out here.  Either way it's gonna be stinkin HOT!!!

4.  On Sunday, Shane Hood, our Community Group Director spoke in place of Pastor Herbert and did a great job.  I was really impressed and enjoyed his sermon about "Taking the Plunge into Relationships."

5.  I've decided this weekend to spend less time watching tv and more time reading.  I can get sucked into shows at times and I don't want to get sucked into any more.  Last night I almost got sucked into "The Deadliest Catch", but I'm gonna stay away from honey.  I also deleted my recording of "Around the Horn", I'm gonna miss you Woody Paige, but I had to let you go.  Although, I will be watching Idol this week, other then that I'm cutting it down.  I also want to have better quality time with Jamie and Jace instead of watching tv together.

6.  The Yankees stink right now, but I'm not too worried, they seem to always be in the playoffs at the end of the season.

7.  This week I'm going to blog about a few more things I've learned in Youth Ministry.  I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Couple of responses:

1. You should put the books you are reading on your blog. It's fun to see what people are getting down on.

2. The Yankees stand alone as the worst team in the AL East and 5 games away from being the worst team in the baseball. I think this one is going downhill fast. Look up Giambi's gold thongs...

3. You should watch Deadliest Catch. It's awesome.