Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Update

1.  Yesterday we had an amazing service at People's Church where Pastor Herbert spoke on "How to Respond When A Good Kid Goes Bad".  It was a challenging and practical message that I encourage all parents to listen to.  Matter of fact, if you are a parent or plan on being one someday you should listen to the whole series, I promise it will bless you.

2.  Our new "Beast" basketball goals came in Friday and they are beastly.  We got the glass backboards, breakaway rims, 5 inch poles and bases that holds 50 gallons of water.  They are so beastly re-injured my back getting them off the truck so please pray for me. 

3.  NBA playoffs started and the only series I will be watching is the Suns vs Spurs.  Game 1 was amazing and I can't believe the Spurs pulled out the win.  I guess that is why they are the champs, they just don't make mistakes.

4.  Operation meltdown slowed down a little this weekend because of my back, but I ate pretty healthy and didn't eat late so I'm still feeling good.  The meltdown will kick back into effect today.

5.  Our friday night staff cookout was lot's of fun with lots of good food.  I look forward to the next one.

6.  Jace and Jamie are amazing and it was good to have a lot of quality time with them this weekend.

7.  This Wednesday we are going into part 4 of our BFF series, students continue to bring your friends so you can win the IPOD touch and let's expect God to do some great things. I'm also praying the thunderstorms will go away.  Lord please give us good weather this Wednesday!

No comments: