Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Great High School Bball Game

Last night I went to Oklahoma Christian Academy's bball game vs Earlboro to watch one of my students, Hans Thun. Hans is stud and had a great game. He even had a breakaway dunk! The game itself was intense, the opposing team had a 2 point lead and was trying to run out the clock with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, yes that's right with 5 minutes left, dribble, pass, dribble, pass. At first I thought this was lame and found myself thinking bad thoughts about this team's coach but it really was a good strategy. This team only had 3 good players, one just fouled out and another had 4 fouls, the last thing this coach wanted to do was put his bench in. Hans' team started to foul to put them at the line, tied it up, Earlsboro's 2nd best player fouled out and OCA forced overtime. In OT Han's team pretty much dominated although they did let the other team hang around and have a chance to hit a 3 to tie, but they pulled it out with a 70-67 win. On a side note, if OCA would have made their free throws this game would have been over with in regulation. They missed a ton in the 3rd and 4th quarter. This game was awesome; it had my heart pumpin, stressin and I even got light headed twice when I jumped up to cheer. OCA defeated the number 5 team in the state in their division. Great game OCA and Hans!

No comments: