Thursday, October 2, 2008

People who have influenced my life Pt. 3



I met Konan Stephens 3 1/2 years ago in Columbus, OH. Konan was the District Youth Director of Ohio and I was a new youth pastor. Konan was someone who supported, encouraged, resourced and challenged me. He is someone who thinks outside of the box and was cool with every youth pastor in Ohio. This impressed me a lot because sometimes ministry can be political with cliques and Konan was the same with everyone. I respect him a ton and appreciate his friendship. He also gave me an opportunity to preach at two camps, be a director over sports at Camp X and the opportunity to help plan and put together fine arts. I was honored to serve in these areas and learned a ton through these opportunities. Konan was also the first person to challenge me to have a personal growth plan, which is basically setting goals for my spiritual life, family, ministry, finances and physical health. This plan helped me grow and I was able to share the plan with others. Konan also gave me a free copy of Seven Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley. After reading this book it became my favorite ministry book and remains my favorite. Konan's heart was resourcing youth pastors and he did that with me many times and I'm very thankful. Konan is also a great speaker and challenged me in the way I preach. Check out his sermons on www.myc3church.com. I believe I'm a better person and better youth pastor because of my relationship with Konan Stephens. I thank God that he put Konan Stephens in my life. Konan is currently pastoring C3 Church in Pickerington, OH.

No comments: