Sunday, October 19, 2008

Good Weekend and a Big Monday

Good Weekend

This weekend I took students to Lake of the Ozarks, MO for a retreat. We had a great band called Freely who did worship (check out their myspace) and our speaker was Andy Estrella who does College Ministry at Missouri State University. It was great hanging out with my students, praying with them and seeing God work on their hearts. These weekends can be tiring after all the driving, making sure everything goes smoothly and a killer night of dodgeball (which the adults dominated) but they are also very rewarding. This was also a good weekend for me to pray and focus on the future of Epic. I have been praying and consumed by the question, "What do we need to do to reach more students with the good news of Jesus Christ?" I don't ever want to get complacent and as long as their are unsaved students in OKC I should always be consumed with this question.

Big Monday

With that question on my mind we are launching two community groups for Epic tomorrow night; one in Edmond and one on the southside. I'm praying these groups will be used to grow students spiritually and to reach students who are far from God. If you have questions about these groups please call me at People's Church. More Epic Community Groups will be coming in the future.

No comments: