Tuesday, October 21, 2008

HABITS

Tonight I shared with my youth leaders HABITS we should have as leaders. These HABITS deal with the basics of Christianity. Sometimes we can get so caught up in doing ministry that we forget or neglect the basics of Christianity. Here are the HABITS I challenged my leaders not to neglect:

Hang time with God - This is personal worship and prayer.
Accountability - We all need somebody to lean on and they need us.
Bible Reading - This is one of the easiest basics to neglect.
Involvement with our family - This is a basic that can do the most damage if we neglect it.
Tithing Commitment - This is not an option, it's a matter of obedience. Malachi 3:8-12.
Strive for Holiness - Too many pastors and leaders are having moral and integrity failures.

If one of these areas is not a HABIT I encourage you to make them one. For your ministry, your family and yourself. I'm not perfect but these are some the things I strive to be HABITS in my life.

No comments: