Friday, September 26, 2008

People who have influenced my Life Pt. 2


I met Brett Payne when I was a sophomore at Central Bible College. Brett was the Student Ministries Director of theburn at Hope Community Church and I was attending Hope and wanting to get involved in his student ministry. Brett allowed me to get plugged in and gave me many opportunities`to serve at theburn. He allowed me to preach, teach Sunday school, lead a small group, plan retreats, a summer camp and some outreaches. Brett didn't know but I wasn't enjoying Bible College and I was ready to drop out of CBC and leave Springfield to serve at my home church in Indianapolis when we met, but serving at theburn gave me something to look forward too and so I stayed at CBC. It not only gave me something to look forward too but I also learned things from doing ministry at theburn that I would have never learned at Bible College. The experience was priceless and I'm very grateful to Brett for giving me so many opportunties.

Serving under Brett I was able to glean a few things. One is he really showed me the importance of building a team, Brett was great at this and ever since I have always tried to build a good team to do youth ministry. He also really challenged me to live a life of prayer. I began to particpate in prayer meetings and even start some. Ever since then I've tried to pray as if it all depends on God and live as if it all depends on me. I've also really tried to challenge students to live a life of prayer in youth ministry. I thank God for putting Brett Payne in my life. Brett is currently the GM of US Operations for Endis, Inc.

No comments: