Tuesday, September 16, 2008

OK State Fair Cheat Night

Tonight we went to the Oklahoma State Fair on "Two Dollar Tuesday". Prior to going to the fair I asked a few people what was the best part? What should we experience? And the overwhelming answer was the FOOD! Nobody said rides, karaoke, the petting zoo or the games, everyone said food. Not only that they got specific, I was told to try a corn dog, sweet potato fries, turkey leg, funnel cake (elephant ear where I'm from), fried oreo, chocolate covered cheesecake, Indian taco and more. When we got there we saw all these foods and more like fried twinkies, fried cheese on a stick, chicken on a stick, basically everything on a stick. For dinner I did pretty good, I had grilled chicken on a stick and part of Jamie's Indian taco which is a lot of lettuce, cheese, beans on a yummy taco shell. Then came the cheating, I don't know why but I felt like I had to try chocolate covered cheesecake and a fried oreo, so I did. I shared the cheesecake with Jamie and only ate half of a fried oreo because it was ridiculously rich. I cheated a little but it was a little and will remain a little. The old Chris would have pounded the whole cheesecake and ate all 4 fried oreos. The new Chris just had a little cheat night.

2 comments:

One Lucky Woman said...

We still probably could have cut out the fried oreo though! =)

Paul Hinzman said...

Don't fall off the wagon!!