Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quiet Strength

It normally takes me a few weeks to a month to finish books that I enjoy, but it only took me 3 days to finish the 301 pages of "Quiet Strength". It helps that I'm a Colts fan but as I read this book about the life of Tony Dungy I found myself always wanting to read the next chapter to see what was going to happen to him next. If it wasn't for needing to get to bed at 3 am I might have finished it in 2 days. From Dungy's death of his oldest son, the disorder of his youngest son, the battle of being a Christian in the NFL world and his ups and downs as a coach, I was challenged and encouraged by his faith in God. What I enjoyed most about this book was Dungy's transparency, even as a high profile coach he was transparent with his faults, pain, victories and submission to God's will. I know people will think I am biased but I believe this book is a must read especially if you like football or if you are a dad. The chapter on his son's suicide alone is worth every dad or parent reading. As my friend Justin Chandler rates his movies, I rate this book as an A+.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loving the plug. The rating makes it feel good right? It's almost like people trust our opinions on things...Much love man.