Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One down, many more to go

Today I finished the book, Leadership and Self-Deception get out of the box. I believe this book is a must read for anyone who leads people, works with people, is a parent or a spouse. This book challenged me in the way I lead, interact with people, as a husband and as a father. This is what I would call an eye opening read. The book addresses how we treat people like objects or people and that this happens because of self betrayal that leads to self deception. Self betrayal occurs when we don't do something that we think we should do. After that we self justify why we didn't do it, which leads to us seeing others in a negative way and putting the blame on them, which causes us to treat them like objects. And if we are treating people like objects we will never be able to lead or interact effectively with others. What I just said may make no sense but if you read this book I promise you will be challenged and hopefully changed. I know I am. This is a powerful book that I believe everyone should read.

No comments: