Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm thankful I live in Oklahoma

Today I pulled into Carlinville, IL, which is in the middle of nowhere and there it was......unleaded gas for $4.09, at that moment I felt bad for complaining about the $3.69 I had to pay for a gallon in Oklahoma City. Then I thanked the Lord that I live in Oklahoma and I pray we don't hit $4. This was also the first road trip I have taken by myself since college and I have to say I really enjoyed it. For whatever reason some of my best times with the Lord have come on a road trip by myself. It seems that I hear God's voice clearer when I'm worshiping and praying in my car, I guess I can't be distracted by much when I'm driving through the country of Oklahoma, Missouri and Illinois. Maybe I need to do this more often in Oklahoma City, the problem is I probably can't afford it with the gas. Maybe I'll get a motorcycle. Anyway with that I'm looking forward to the drive back to Oklahoma for 3 reasons:
1. I need to get away from gas that costs $4.09 a gallon.
2. I'm looking forward to my time with the Lord during the drive.
3. I miss my family and can't wait to see Jamie and Jace.

No comments: