Saturday, June 21, 2008

New Bedtime

Before a week and half ago, Jace would always go to bed around 10:30 pm. At our staff retreat a few of the staff shared how their kids went to bed at 8 pm so we decided to give it a shot. That night Jace went to sleep at 8 pm, woke a few hours later, but only cried for a minute, went back to sleep and woke up at 8 am the next morning. WOW! We were surprised and ever since he now goes to bed at 8-8:30 pm every night and wakes up around 7 am. I'm glad he's getting a good night's rest but have to admit I miss my time with him. This has been somewhat difficult for me so I'm trying to get up a little earlier to have some more morning time, which is hard for me personally because I'm not a morning person, but very much worth it. The nice thing about him going to be earlier is now I have more time with Jamie. All in all this is for the better and I'm glad we tried it out because Jace is getting a full night's sleep, I have more time with Jamie and it's stretching me to be more of a morning person. In life we live and we learn and I'm glad I learned that my son can go to bed at 8 pm, instead of 10:30 pm. I'm also thankful that our friends shared their experiences with us, without them Jace would still be up late every night.

No comments: