Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A day late, but Tiger is a Beast!

I have to say I rarely watch golf, but from Friday to yesterday I was completely sucked into the U.S. Open to the point that I used DVR space for it. The only reason I considered watching it was because Tiger just came off surgery and nobody (mainly the PTI guys) thought he could win after a short recovery, so I was intrigued to see if he could defy the odds. And boy am I glad I did. After the 2 eagles and chip shot for birdie on Saturday I did not think it could get any better until the 18th on Sunday when he sunk the birdie to force a playoff. I was so into it, I was watching this with the same anticipation and heart pounding I would have in an awesome suspense thriller. It was ridiculous to the point that when he sunk the shot on 18, you would have thought Peyton Manning just threw a game winning touchdown based on my response. Never in my life did I think I would ever get out of my seat and cheer for a golfer. This guy is the best in the world and I want to watch him play every time he's on the golf course. Tiger Woods is a beast!

No comments: