Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Update

1. Saturday we went to take Jace to his first ever Easter Egg hunt only to find him passed out in his car seat when we arrived. So much for our first ever Easter Egg hunt, we turned around and took him home. I should of known because the night before he woke up numerous times during the night crying. Our little guy was wiped out and took a great nap.

2. Saturday we also went to our first Easter Experience of the weekend at People's Church and it was awesome. The place was packed and afterwards we enjoyed a meal with friends the Wynn's at On the Border. On Sundays we typically don't go out to eat after church so this was nice, plus the food was amazing. I had never eaten at On The Border but now I will have to go back.

3. This weekend I finally understood why our NBA team is called the Thunder because Thunder in OKC is unlike any I have ever heard before. The Thunder was so loud it woke me up and felt like it shook my house. It was crazy!!!

4. Our Easter Experiences were awesome, we had over 3000 people attend and many people gave their life to Christ. Pastor Herbert's message was amazing about Jesus being the Ultimate Fighter, I really liked his last illustration, go listen to it on www.peopleschurch.tv, it will challenge you.

5. I don't dress up too often and I didn't really dress up Saturday or Sunday but I wore a bright yellow shirt to our Saturday experience and pink shirt on Sunday. I got many compliments on both shirts, I will have to wear them more often. FYI - my wife picked them both out, I'm horrible with matching and style.

6. After a long Sunday we had dinner with our friends, the Deas, who invited us over. The meal was a huge blessing and nice for us since we don't have any family near. Vernon shared with me some insights on Hip Hop and Jace loved hanging out with Nessa.

7. Jace was very sweet and for the most part gentle with baby Nessa, and for some reason he liked patting her behind. It was hilarious!

8. Jamie and I ended Sunday night with two shows we like: The Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice.

No comments: