Monday, June 1, 2009

3 weeks!!!

Wow, I haven't blogged in 3 weeks...I know I'm a failure, haha. Actually we went on vacation for a week and a half and my week after vacation was a lot of catching up. I know it's not a good excuse but that's all I got. Here are some highlights from our trip home to Indy:

1. On May 15th Jamie and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. We went to Sullivan's for dinner, ate steak and king crab, stayed the night at a hotel that upgraded us to a suite, fell asleep watching Slumdog Millionare and had breakfast at Cracker Barrel in the morning. It was an awesome overnight date and we were thankful to have grandparents near to watch Jace. Jamie is an amazing wife and I can't believe we've already been married for 5 years. It's been the best 5 years of my life and I love Jamie more and more everyday. She is my caucasion queen!

2. Sunday we went to my sister's church and really enjoyed it. The worship and message were very good and we left their feeling refreshed. The church is called New Beginnings Fellowship.

3. We spent at least one night with each of our parents, being from divorced homes that is 4 nights. All the grandparents loved seeing Jace and we had a great time with them.

4. I also preached at my brother in law's youth ministry. It was an honor to speak and one girl got saved who was 1st time guest and was leaving for college later that week. God is sooo good.

5. One of the highlights of the trip was we got to spend time with Jace's great grandparents. My grandma has overcome cancer and was heading back to Europe and we go to see them before they left. My grandma is a hero in my eyes for making it through her battle with cancer and I'm very glad they go to see Jace. They flew back to Brussels, Belgium two days after we flew back to OKC.

No comments: