Friday, March 6, 2009

Highlights of my week

1. 24 this season has been amazing, Jack Bauer is the man and I can't wait to get my DVD's back next week. We are addicted to 24 and have every season on DVD.

2. My Idol favorites are the blind guy, lil rounds and Danny Gockey, I think Danny will win it all.

3. Thursday night I went to the Youth for Christ banquet at the Cowboy Hall of Fame. Yes in Oklahoma they have a hall of fame for cowboys and I'm not talking about the Dallas Cowboys. The banquet was awesome. It had great food and even better stories of student's lives being changed through Youth for Christ.

4. After the banquet for some reason I had a headache and was out of it. I knew I had to get on the Kilpatrick turnpike to get home, so I'm looking for signs that say turnpike. Well the first one I saw said "turnpike 44 east" not Kilpatrick turnpike and like a dummy I took it without thinking. No big deal right just turn around, well if you've never been on the 44 east turnpike the first exit outside of okc is 20 miles away. Yep I drove 20 smiles, hit up a gas station and then turned around. It was unbelievable, I was so ticked off. This has never happened to me before. Oh well, Jamie and I had good conversation on our little trip to Wellston, OK and back to OKC. :)

5. The weather in OKC has been off the hook. Wed was in the 70's and the last two days have been in the 80's. I love the weather here!

6. Epic was awesome this week, we had over 100 students again and 11 students made commitments to Christ. God is doing some amazing stuff in our students lives and expanding the territory of our youth ministry! Thank you Jesus!

7. John Marshall was also great. We had around 270 students and they were very engaged into the talk. I talked about how God is a God of second chances and many students raised their hand showing they had something in their life they wanted God to give them a second chance with. It was awesome! I also had a great conversation with a student about why bad stuff happens to good people and how to witness to his friends. God is working in the lives of the students who attend Impact.

8. I also had a great conversation this week with one of my mentors. I'm thankful for the people God has put in my life to challenge and encourage me.

No comments: