Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lord of the Bling Highlights

Currently we are in a series called Lord of the Bling. Here are some highlights from this series:

1. The last two weeks we have talked about money and still have seen over 20 students commit their lives to Christ. Thank you Jesus!

2. The first week we talked about what it meant for Jesus to be Lord of our life, he must be Lord first before we are going to give him control of anything, especially our finances. If he's not Lord of all, He's not Lord at all!

3. It's been a huge blessing to see students returning the tithe to God since we started this series, Jr. High and High School students!!!

4. I was blessed by a student who shared with me his plan to tithe, put money away in savings and be wise with the rest. The best part was his enthusiasm, he was so pumped! Thank You Lord.

5. My high school students went crazy when I said they could buy a pair of Jordan's at Ross, they laughed at me like I was crazy. I didn't get it because you really can buy Jordan's at Ross!! They may be old but you can. :)

6. Tonight I shared with students the one way they could get more money. I told them to give it away, a number of students at the same time said "What?!" They thought I was crazy but then we dived into God's word and they were totally engaged with the message.

7. Next week we are talking about the Misconceptions of Money, this has a been a great series and I'm looking forward to closing it out with a bang!

If you missed any of the messages check out our podcast on iTunes. Search Epic Student Ministries.

Side Note: Thanks to Kevin Moore for his book on Teens questions about money and to Rusty Railey for the creative title Lord of the Bling!

No comments: