Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm watching the Yankees play the Red Sox and figure I would drop in a blog.

If you didn't know I'm a huge yankees fan. Being a yankees fan has led to many different reactions from different people, here are few:

1. Most people frown and say "I hate the Yankees."

2. Other say, "You're not from New Y0rk." Then I explain how my dad is from Connecticut and my grandpa is from New York and both are Yankees fans.

3. Some say, "You're just a bandwagon fan." Then I explain how I've been a yankees fan since the days of Dave Righetti, Danny Tartabull and Don Mattingly (my favorite player) when they couldn't even make the playoffs. We also haven't one a championship in a while and I'm still supportin them.

4. One guy cussed me out. I was at a Cleveland Indians game and I wore my yankees jersey. After the game was over an Indians fan with a shirt celebrating the Indians 20 run win over the yankees started talkin trash. So I asked him, "how many championships have the Indians won?" After this he cussed at me and said "you weren't alive for them." Well I was at least alive for 4 of them and I think that is still more then the Indians have won ever. Ha!!!

It's fun being a Yankees fan because I enjoy the reactions I get from people and each year I'm confident they will be in the playoffs and have a shot to win the world series. To all the yankees haters, don't hate, celebrate!

This year is looking tough but so did the last few and we still made the playoffs so I'm expecting a major turnaround after the all star break and I will get to watch my team in the playoffs again.

No comments: