Thursday, July 3, 2008

Observations from my travel day

Today as I traveled I was amazed by two things:

1. I'm amazed at how people can be set off by the airline company. This morning the airline company was a little understaffed and most people (like us) arrived only an hour before our flight instead of the recommended 2 hours becasue OKC airport is kind of small. We were in a pretty long line until they called a certain flight and then chaos broke out. Our line turned into a clump of people making random lines. This led to people getting hacked at the ticket counter, pushing, line cutting and some nasty language. I was thankful that the fruits of the spirit patience and kindness were evident in my heart this morning and I kept calm. The funny part is, if we all arrived an hour and half or two hours early everything would've been fine. By the way everyone made their flights and not ticket counter people were harmed :). They also showed an enourmous amount of patience.

2. I'm amazed at how many people were brought a little bit of joy today because of Jace. Through three airports, angry passengers and two planes, Jace lit up many people's faces with smiles. I'm sure most babies do this but it caught my attention today how many people stopped to smile and interact with my son. His smile can light up a room and today it lit up airports, airplanes and angry mob at the ticket counter.

No comments: