Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Update

1. Yesterday we had 2 great Jr. High Experiences. 80 students in attendance and 4 students made commitments to Christ. My favorite part of the experience is being able to encourage, pray for and give a salvation packet to the students who made a decision for Christ.

2. Saturday night we had our community group. We had some good snacks and a good discussion about worship. I really appreciate our group and love doing life with them.

3. I got to see my Alma Mater CBC play basketball against Southwestern Christian University and they got smashed. SCU beat them by 39 points and it was cool to see my friend Derek Colvin on the court. He's a beast!

4. My playoff picks were way wrong but seeing the Patriots loss was amazing. Makes one less hurdle for my Colts.

5. Speaking of my Colts I'm not a fan of how they ended the season and I hope it doesn't hurt us next week.

6. I'm currently playing words with friends 12 people and scored two 100 pt words this weekend! If you want to play my username is chrismith.

7. This week is our week of prayer and fasting at People's Church. I'm really looking forward to what God is going to do in my life this week. Join us for prayer Tues-Friday from 6am-7:30am and 12pm-1:30pm in the PCA/Epic Auditorium.

8. Epic students and leaders don't forget we have prayer this Wed in the Jr. High Room from 6pm-6:20pm! Come join us expecting God to do great things!

No comments: