Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

1.  My weekend started off with some unexpected and not very enjoyable excitement.  Friday afternoon I was in a pretty bad car wreck.  My car basically got tore up from the back and the front and my neck is pretty sore, however I'm very thankful that Jamie and Jace were not in the car and I didn't have any major injuries considering it could have been a lot worse.  Thank You Lord.

2.  Friday night we hung out with friends and watched "How To Train a Dragon."  This weekend we also watched "Inception" and "Charlie St. Cloud."  Out of all 3 movies "Inception" was my favorite and "Charlie St. Cloud" was a definite disappointment.

3.  Saturday my neck was pretty sore so I did a lot of chillin around the house, organizing mail, hanging with Jamie and Jace and did a lot of reading.

4.  We also hit up Barnes and Noble and I purchased 3 books: Crazy Love, Death By Meeting and The Blessed Life.  I'm really looking forward to reading all 3 of these books!  I'm going to read Death By Meeting first because I really want to be on point and efficient with meetings I lead.

5.  Our family has been missing out on Barnes and Noble, Jace loved it and we will visit it more often, especially during these colder months!

6.  Sunday at People's Church was great as usual.  Pastor Herbert preached a great message titled I Quit Cheating On My Wife, check it out at www.peopleschurch.tv.  Jr. High also went really well, we had some new students and in every experience a student gave their life to Christ!

7.  Sunday night we indulged in a pizzookie (a cookie in a pizza pan dish with ice cream on top) from BJ's Restaurant, if you haven't had one go get one this week!!!  The only down side is I gotta hit up the gym to burn off those extra calories.

8.  I finished two books this weekend, whoohoo!  I finished In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day by Mark Batterson and Green by my youth pastor friend Rodney Wardwell.  I enjoyed both books!

No comments: