Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Recap

1.  Sunday we had 3 great Jr. High experiences!  Our attendance was good and we had 14 students give their lives to Christ.

2.  In my message I shared with my students the 4 greatest moments in my life, here they are:  1st is when I gave my life to Christ, 2nd is when I married Jamie, 3rd is when Jace was born and will be tied when Cali is born, 4th is when the Colts won the Super Bowl...JK, it's in my top 10 but my 4th is when I've seen or heard about people close to me giving their lives to Christ.  There is no greater reward then seeing people give their lives to Jesus!

3.  This weekend I finished a two week fast, it was both refreshing spiritually as well as physically.  I definitely felt closer to God, got clear direction about Epic and my life and lost about 15 pounds.

4.  My first post-fast meal was Orange Chicken from the Cheesecake Factory, we celebrated Jamie's birthday there Sunday night since it fell on a Wed during the fast.

5.  I was hoping the Super Bowl would feature the Jets vs the Packers, only the Packers made it and I will be cheering for them to win it all!

6.  I'm almost done reading Mark Batterson's book "In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day."  This book has really challenged me spiritually to take risks, move forward through uncertainty and have a greater trust in God.

7.  Saturday night we had community group, I love doing life with other believers, especially those in our community group.

8.  Friday I watched the movie, "To Save A Life", I highly recommend it!  It was a very realistic and thought provoking ministry in regards to what teenagers are facing when it comes to peer pressure and God.

9.  My Buckeyes are tearing it up on the hardwood, we may have come up short on the grid iron but we are looking real good for a National BBall Championship!  The Thunder are also tearing it up!

No comments: