Friday, February 12, 2010

Epic Recap From Wed. Night

Wednesday Night we had an amazing night at Epic. I talked about how to tame the L Word Emotion. Here are the 5 points I shared (a few were from Kevin Moore's book, "Answering your toughest questions about sex, love & dating". It was a great resource!)

1. Wait to Date.
2. Set Boundaries.
3. Don't Mistake Lust For Love
4. Be Friends First (or as Pastor Herbert says "Go Slow and Get to Know")
5. Always Have A Third Wheel (The Holy Spirit)

I also told the students to disregard WWJD when it comes to dating because Jesus didn't date, instead they should use WWYDIJWRNTY (What would you do if Jesus was right next to you!)

If you want to check out the message you can download on itunes for free on the Epic Student Ministries Podcast.

We also had 6 salvation's and I gave every student a kiss so they wouldn't feel left out this Valentine's day. I know what you are thinking, it was a Hershey's kiss :)

No comments: