Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Recap

Here are some highlights from my day:

1. Today I started purchasing items for our student ministry and new jr. high room. This is very exciting and I can't wait for it to all be purchased and put together. Our students are going to love it and these resources will help us reach many more students for Christ. On a side note I love being apart of a church that is willing to invest in the next generation. Get ready students, the best has yet to come!!!

2. Today was the end of our Intense Discipleship Training and I think this 6 week program has been a complete success. We averaged about 15 students per week and it's been a huge blessing. I want to thank Eric Luciano, Andy Wynn, Vernon Deas, Everett Jackson and Shelby Johnson for speaking at our IDT's. We celebrated the completion of the program with a little pizza party too. I've very proud of these students. We will definitely do this program again next year and take it to another level.

3. Out of our IDT we are starting a time for prayer every Wednesday night from 6:00-6:20. Students make sure your hear for a powerful time of prayer and parents help the students get here. God is changing lives and the last 6 weeks of prayer I know have made a big difference.

4. We had a great night at Epic too. Over 100 students and 7 salvations. The best part was most of the students handed me their salvation cards. I love this part because I get to encourage the students and follow up with them about the decision they made. We also gave away some t-shirts, the new Exodus CD and started our new checkin system. The checkin worked pretty well and it was great to see all the students with name tags, it helped me with names.

5. After service I went to Chili's with some students. I love hanging out with students outside of Wed. night. This doesn't always happen but when it does it's fun. They made me feel old but we had lots of laughs.

6. I didn't do a recap last week but I have to share this. Last week for the first time at Epic we had a rap in the middle of our worship set. Tony Lesure one of our leaders wrote a rap to the song Hosanna. Him and the band did great with flowing from the song to the rap back into the song. We have been talking for a few months about doing this and it went way better then I expected and I expected it to go good. They did great! We will continue to do this to add some hip hop flavor to our worship. The best part for me was we put the words on the screen and I got to rap with him. I was flowin, it was awesome!!!!

3 comments:

Catrina Thomas said...

My nephew just recently started attending Epic and he enjoys it. PC operates "out of the box"!!!

Chris Smith said...

Awesome, who is your nephew?

Catrina Thomas said...

M'kel Brooks - My husband brings him on Wednesday nights while he attends the mens' group.