Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bad Habit

Today I saw a gut wrenching story about a man whose 6 year old son was killed by a driver who wasn't paying attention to the road because they were texting. After watching I instantly felt convicted because I have the bad habit of texting and even checking email while I'm driving on my iPhone. A month ago or so I stopped for a few days because I watched the movie Seven Pounds but it didn't last long. As I dig deeper the whole reason for texting or checking email while I'm driving is because of a lack of patience. If I think of something I want to text or check, or get a text I have to respond or do it right away instead of waitng til I get to a destination or at least a red light or if Jamie is in the car have her send the text or email. Hmm let's see isn't patience one of the fruits of the spirit, ding, ding, ding yes it is. Self Control is one too. Holy Spirit help me to have self control and patience when it comes to texting and driving. This is a bad habit and for me it must stop. As some good preachers have mentionend I will no longer be "textually active" while driving. In all seriousness, I would hate to cause a crash, death or lose someone I love over a text message. I'm going to end this bad habit and I hope you will consider it too.

2 comments:

Catrina Thomas said...

Great post! I'm guilty of sometimes being careless while driving. Thanks for the reminder!

Unknown said...

PC, I too am very guilty of this, and just wanted to say thanks for the reminder!