Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's been going on?

Man I haven't blogged in a week so here is an update of all that has been going on and maybe a little insight to my lack of blogging:

1. Most of my time has been focused on starting a brand new Jr. High Ministry for People's Church. This includes a new experience on Sundays at 10:30 am in our new Jr. High Room that starts this Sunday, Aug. 16th and a new small groups ministry called 68 teams on Wednesday night that starts Aug. 19th. With these two new ministries I have been building leadership teams, a worship team and working out a lot of details. I'm super pumped for our new jr. high ministry.

2. Speaking of our new jr. high room I have been doing a lot of ordering, researching prices, hitting up craig's list and setting up new equipment. This has also kept me busy and is very exciting!!! Currently our new stage was built last Saturday by some great guys from People's Church, we have a ping pong table, air hockey table and today set up eight 37 inch flat screen tv's on stands and set up new game systems. Yeah! We are going all out for our students and to reach many more students! We are only about 70% finished setting up the room but it will be 100% done for our jr. high students this Sunday at 10:30 at People's Church.

3. I also had the priveledge of speaking at People's Church this past Sunday. I love preaching and am honored every time I get a chance to speak on Sunday's. I'm definitely more nervous but I do enjoy it. This last sermon I probably used one of the best illustrations I have ever used in a sermon. To sum it up we can't carry the cross if our arms (lives) are filled with other stuff. We must pick up the cross first (put Christ first) and then whatever else we can pick up, we pick up, but the cross always comes first. Check it out on www.peopleschurch.tv.

That's it for now, it's been busy but fun. I love what I do and wouldn't trade my job for the world. We are going to reach tons of students for Christ and this has been a very exciting season of ministry! The most exciting part is the best has yet to come!!!

No comments: