1. We expect our leaders to serve every week. Every Wed matters and every leader matters and when a leader is missing we aren't giving our best. I understand people have to miss for vacation, sickness, work, family emergency and similar things but other then that we need all hands on deck every week!
2. We expect leaders to be on time every week and if they aren't to notify their team leader. Every minute counts and we need every leader in place before our students arrive so we give them the best experience. If leaders are late that means some area of ministry is short handed for that amount of time and we are not giving our students the best. We will do whatever it takes to get it covered but it's still not better then that leader being on time and ready to roll.
3. We expect our leaders to be on point in their area of service. Sloppiness, being unprepared or carelessness leaves an impression, a negative impression and we want to give the best impression every week. In order for this to happen we train our leaders in their area of ministry and if anything is off point we correct it, learn from it and make it better. Our goal in this is not to nit pick or single someone out but it's to give our students the best.
4. We expect all of our transitions and media to be flawless. Again we want to give our students the best experience possible not average or just above average. In order for that to happen we must do a run though, cover every detail and be very focused for the entire experience so everything runs smoothly. With that we also strive to start and end on time every week.
5. We plan our messages and series 3-4 months in advance so we aren't whipping something out last minute for our students. The deserve the best so we plan and pray well in advance on what we are teaching.
6. We are constantly recruiting and training new leaders. In order for us to grow and give our students the best we must have plenty of adult leaders to run these experiences and love on our students.
7. If something is not the best we don't turn a blind eye to it, we address it, tweak it and do whatever we can to make it the best. Every week we critique our experience to make sure we are giving our students the very best and nothing less!
Disclaimer: Hear my heart we are by no means perfect in these areas but this is what we strive for every week.
Now you may be thinking "Man that's a lot" and to that I say our students deserve the best and nothing less. Give me your thoughts!