I first started serving in youth ministry when I was 18 years old a few months after I had gotten saved. Here are some major blunders I made for your enjoyment:
1. I pelted a new student with ice over and over again because she was throwing ice at people. I thought I was teaching her a lesson with tough love, needless to say she never got plugged into our ministry. I had to apologize 3 weeks in a row in front of the entire youth ministry for my actions.
2. When I was the youth worship leader I got so frustrated at practice that I punched the wall and put a dent in it. Not good!
3. I got into a huge argument in my youth pastor's office with another youth leader. We were yelling so loud students could here us in the next room. I even more embarrassed to say the argument was over a girl we both liked who was a senior in the youth ministry. I was highly embarassed and ashamed when my youth pastor walked in.
4. I gave rides to female students without another student or adult in the car. I was naive and just thought I was being helpful. When i was first corrected I was upset, thinking no one else is bringing them to church, then I saw the perception of it so I got a student or leader to go with me and I still helped provide rides.
5. I was way too competitive and lost my cool way too many times in bball games or any other sport. Notice the trend of anger issues. I've grown a ton in this area.
6. I tried to fight a guy who was the boyfriend of my ex-girlfriend at a major youth outreach. I just lost my cool, it was not a good moment.
Needless to say I gave my youth pastor a few headaches, lol. However I'm very thankful for his grace, mercy, patience and correction. You may think why didn't your youth pastor kick you out? If you asked him I think he would say I would always repent and correct my mistakes. My heart was in the right place I just had some issues and I learned from my mistakes.