Friday, May 7, 2010

Week In Review

NBA Playoff predictions: Magic over the Hawks, Celtics over the Cavs, Lakers over the Jazz and Spurs over the Suns. I just wanted to put those out there now here are some highlights from my week:

1. Monday I arrived in Atlanta with the other directors from People's Church for the Drive Conference. Got a lot of great insight from the conference and had a blast with our staff.

2. Being at a church that has 1100 students in their youth ministry really challenged me and helped me see some steps we need to take to get to that level. It also helped me see we are on the right track of someday reaching and discipling over 1000 students!

3. Wednesday we flew back to OKC and got back to the church just in time for Epic! All of April we have been planning, strategizing and praying for a new community groups launch. We launched on Wed and are on the right track. The greatest part was seeing 100% of our students in community and excited about it. The future looks very bright!

4. Thursday I had a great day at work and got a lot done. I hardly had any catching up to do because Rachel, my assistant and Juan, my associate did a great job holding down the fort while I was gone. It's a blessing to leave for 3 days and know everything is being taken care of.

5. Thursday is also Survivor night and this may be my favorite season. I was pulling for Russell but now I want him to get the boot. I would love to see Rupert win it all!

6. Friday, slept in a little (I like to sleep), worked a little and now we are going on a family date featuring Chick Fil A and the mall!

7. Till next week have a great weekend and I want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to every Mom out there!

No comments: