Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mom

In honor of my mom I want to share some insights about the things I appreciate about my mom:

1. My mom is a servant. She excels at putting others ahead of herself. From visiting complete strangers at the nursing home on a regular basis, to driving cancer patients to their appointments, including widows on family gatherings so they aren't alone, to going above & beyond for her kids & grandkids, taking care of her mom who was having a tough battle with cancer, to picking up panera bread to take to a food shelter & giving bday & Xmas money to convoy of hope, Haiti & Katrina relief. I'm very inspired & challenged by her selfless acts. Just for these things my mom is a hero in my eyes.

2. My mom is healthy, I give her a hard time about this at times but she is always lookin out for our health & cares about us adding years to our life vs. taking years away. & although I do appreciate this I have to say I will never eat brussel sprouts :) Sorry mom.

3. My mom loves to travel with family. I have reaped many benefits from this & Lord knows my step dad & grandpa have played a huge role too but I'm thankful & feel pretty lucky for all the places I have been.

4. My mom has always taught us "blood is thicker then water". Family is a big deal to my mom & because of her it's a big deal to me too, I know all my grandparents, cousins, aunts & uncles & love it. We r a close family and I plan to do the same with Jace. Family always comes first!

5. Last but not least my mom is a huge believer in being debt free. We are on our way there & I apprecaite all my moms advice & her example when it comes to debt.

There is a lot more but as I was writing tonight this is what stuck out to me. As you can see my mom is a pretty amazing woman.

Love you Mom!

No comments: