Monday, February 7, 2011

Sunday Recap

1.  Today at Epic Jr. High we taught our students about the Biblical Truth About Sex, which is simply that sex was created by God for marriage between a husband and a wife.  I could tell some of the students were a little uncomfortable like "can we talk about this in church?", LOL.  I think church is the perfect place to talk about it, sex should not be a bad word or topic we avoid because I promise they are hearing about it from media and in school!  Our students need to know and understand God's word concerning sex so they can protect themselves and enjoy sex for what God created it for, marriage!  Next week we address the topic: "How Far Is Too Far?"

2.  One of my illustrations was: "Having sex before marriage is like using a blender for a manicure, it's only going to lead to hurt, pain and a mess!  A blender was not created to give manicure's and we were not created to have sex before marriage!"

3.  At People's Church we also started a new series called Be My Valentine, if you missed it check it out online at www.peopleschurch.tv!  Pastor Herbert was hilarious and had good, practical content.  I also agree with him 100% of what kind of dating plan parents should have for their teens!  If you are wondering what he said again check out the message online.

4.  Sunday night was all about relationships!  We had our community group over our house for the Super Bowl.  I enjoyed the game but it wouldn't have been as enjoyable without friends.  The game was good, food was good but fellowship was better!

5.  The highlight of my day was talking to a Jr. High student who was hungry for answers about God, these moments never get old and I'm excited to see what God is going to do in this student's life!

No comments: