Thursday, December 16, 2010

Youth Ministry Lessons I Learned in 2010 Pt. 1

My blog has been MIA lately but I wanted to take some time to write out some lessons I learned in youth ministry this year.

Having a big outreach month where you spread out your resources is way more effective then putting all of your resources into one big night.

The big night may be more glamorous but the big month is more effective.

In February we did one big night & doubled attendance that night but it only lasted that night, LOL. I can laugh now but I wasn't laughing then.

In September we did one big month & over a month we doubled our youth ministry & they didn't disappear the next month, thank you Jesus!

There is a much greater chance of retention getting a student to come 2-4 weeks in a row versus one night.

A blog by Kevin Moore of Oneighty, plus my February failure really opened my eyes to this strategy.

Lastly let me say this is by far not the one and only way to do outreaches but it was extremely effective for us.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Clev said...

You should have posted this a couple of months ago man....I got my one big night already planned!!! hahahaha